Momentum Transport Consultancy, the London-based integrated transport consultancy, has received ISO 14001:2015 certification for its environmental management system.
The certification has been awarded by the British Standards Institution following the implementation of a formal environmental management system in 2017 and two successful audit visits earlier in 2018.
Natalie Lloyd, senior consultant at Momentum said:
“At Momentum we care about our impact on the environment and are conscious of how we can work to reduce it. We decided to implement a formal system in 2017 to monitor, measure and evaluate our environmental objectives and are extremely proud to have achieved ISO 14001:2015 accreditation. As an organisation we have worked hard to introduce new measures to minimise our impact on the resources we use as part of our work.”
Roy McGowan, managing director at Momentum said:
“Setting and following our own environmental management framework aligns really well with our ethos as individuals – and also as an organisation, where our work and design focuses on people and the use of sustainable transport modes and solutions.”
Momentum is a leading integrated, people-first transport consultancy. Founded in 2012 the company creates transport strategies and solutions that inform, integrate with and are integral to every aspect of the built environment today and for the future. Focusing on the emerging, universal and critical issues facing development Momentum works with clients to address the multi-faceted challenges of the industry and to create forward-looking solutions. The company’s three core areas of specialism in planning, insight & analytics and engineering are bound together by a shared vision to improve the environments we live, work and play in. The company works in markets including commercial, cultural and heritage, education, major events, masterplanning, public realm, residential, retail and stadia and venues.
For more information visit https://momentum-transport.com
About ISO 14001:2015
The purpose of International Standard 14001:2015 is to provide organisations with a framework to protect the environment and respond to changing environmental conditions in balance with socio-economic needs. It specifies requirements that enable an organisation to achieve the intended outcomes it sets for its environmental management system.
A systematic approach to environmental management can provide top management with information to build success over the long term and create options for contributing to sustainable development by:
• protecting the environment by preventing or mitigating adverse environmental impacts;
• mitigating the potential adverse effect of environmental conditions on the organisation;
• assisting the organisation in the fulfilment of compliance obligations;
• enhancing environmental performance;
• controlling or influencing the way the organisation’s products and services are designed, manufactured, distributed, consumed and disposed by using a life cycle perspective that can prevent environmental impacts from being unintentionally shifted elsewhere within the life cycle;
• achieving financial and operational benefits that can result from implementing environmentally sound alternatives that strengthen the organisation’s market position;
• communicating environmental information to relevant interested parties.
Sarah Pryor, Head of Marketing
t: +44 (0)20 7242 0228